Low Income Home Energy Assistance - Residential - Missouri Gas - Liberty
Home Energy and Weatherization Programs
For Gas and Electric Customers (Missouri only).
Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) could help you in two ways: Energy Assistance (EA) and Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP).
- EA: Energy Assistance (EA) helps you with a one-time payment for your home’s heating bills from November through March.
- ECIP: The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) helps pay your home’s energy bill when your energyisshutofforisthreatenedtobeshutoff.
- Winter ECIP Lasts November – May based on funding; you could receive up to $800
- Summer ECIP Lasts June - September based on funding; you could receive up to $600
You may qualify for LIHEAP if:
- You meet specific income guidelines that vary according to house size and fuel type
- You pay your home’s heating and cooling costs
- You area U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident
- You have $3,000 or less in your accounts
How to apply for LIHEAP:
- Call 1-855-373-4636 to have an application mailed to you or visit the link below
Liberty Natural Gas Assistance Programs
The Community Energy Assistance is a Liberty program that helps customers who need onetime help with their natural gas bill. You may qualify for the Community Energy Assistance Program if:
- You are a Liberty natural gas customer
- You are over the age of 60 or are disabled
- You don’t qualify for other forms of help
Contact our customer care team to learn more
The Liberty Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP) gives qualifying Liberty natural gas customers a one-time credit on their bill in the amount of the delivery charge. In order to qualify, customers must meet LIHEAP income guidelines.
The Liberty Friendly Follow-Up program automatically alerts local agencies when a customer gets a disconnect notice. This program was created for elderly, ill, or disabled Liberty customers.
Energy assistance programs help eligible customers in all of our service areas pay their home heating costs with the help of various local, state, and federal agencies.
We have a special payment arrangement program to help customers with bills.
Low-Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP)
View the 2020-2021 Winter LIHEAP Flyer
If You're Medically Dependent on Natural Gas
Medical Extension (Doctor’s certificate required)
- If you are a Liberty natural gas customer and you or a permanent member of your household have a medical condition that will worsen after a loss of natural gas, you may be eligible for a 21-day medical extension.
Notifying Customers Before a Disconnect
- We will attempt to notify customers the day prior to disconnect. Never ignore a disconnect notice. If you get one, call Liberty as soon as possible.