Covid-19 Statement - Residential - Missouri Gas - Liberty
September 21, 2020
Providing Continued Customer Assistance
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the community, we will continue to keep our customer walk-in centers closed until further notice. Please continue to use our alternative payment methods that can be found by following the link below.
We understand that these are challenging times and that’s why we continue to provide special COVID-19 payment arrangements and various assistance options to help our customers manage their bills. For a list and description of assistance options, please click the link below to access local assistance information.
As always, our representatives stand ready to answer your questions and provide you with best options specific to your needs and account standing. If you struggle to pay a bill or need help keeping up with your account balance, please call us at 1-855-872-3242.
June 18, 2020
Update on Services and Payment Arrangements
Walk-in Center Update
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the community, we will keep our customer walk-in centers closed until further notice. Please continue to use our alternative payment methods that can be found by following the link below.
Disconnections and Payment Arrangements Update
As our state moves toward re-opening businesses and resuming normal operations, we have extended our suspension of disconnections for nonpayment until July 15, 2020, for Missouri customers. We will resume sending disconnection notices for non-payment beginning July 16, 2020. We are concerned that some customers may accrue a large unpaid balance that could be difficult to pay when collection activities resume. Here are some important things you should know:
- Our primary goal is to work with you to avoid unmanageable bills, service disconnection, or additional fees.
- We have expanded our Special Payment Arrangement (SPA) programs to allow for additional time to spread out past due balances and make payments more manageable.
- We are monitoring various agencies who may be able to provide financial assistance for some portion of your bill so call us to learn more.
- Our representatives stand ready to help develop a plan that works best for you, but it is critical you call us as soon as possible at 1-855-872-3242 to make arrangements for your account before bills become unmanageable. Once we resume disconnections, we expect our call volume to increase significantly. This may result in longer wait times. Thank you in advance for your patience.
These are uniquely challenging days in our community and our hearts go out to those who have been impacted directly by this health crisis, especially those who have lost loved ones.
May 7, 2020
Update on Liberty's Continued Support
With the ever evolving COVID-19 situation, we wanted to provide you with an update as we continue to provide critical services to our customers and communities.
Supporting our Communities
On April 8, 2020, Liberty announced a $500,000 donation to support communities within its service territories during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are pleased to share with you that several local organizations have been chosen as recipients.
Liberty employees participated in the selection of local organizations that they felt provided much-needed support to our customers and our communities. These organizations hold a special place in the hearts of our employees, and we thank them and so many other deserving organizations for serving our communities in such impactful ways.
Continuing to Support You, Our Customers
As a reminder, Liberty has suspended service disconnections for non-payment for residential and business customers until further notice. For the health and safety of our communities, our walk-in customer service centers will remain closed to the public until further notice. We are working on a plan for reopening and will update you when the plan is finalized.
- Our payment drop boxes are available at all walk-in customer service centers.
- Our drive-thru payment locations are still available.
- Please continue to access our online payment options found below.
We continue to provide resources for residential and business customers facing financial hardship including payment arrangements with no penalties. We encourage customers to keep up with their payments so bills don’t accumulate and cause further hardship. If you have questions about our payment programs, please contact our customer service department for assistance.
April 17, 2020
Resources for residential and business customers facing financial hardship
For residents in need of assistance, the United Way 211 program can help match you with local programs including health, nutrition and financial services. Call 211 or visit
For small businesses needing finanical assistance, please contact the Small Business Association. They offer a Payroll Protection Program, Loan Advances, Bridge Loans and Debt Relief.
April 15, 2020
Liberty has temporarily suspended service disconnections for residential and business customers in response to COVID-19
To assist customers and communities during the rapidly evolving COVID-19 public health emergency, Liberty has temporarily suspended service disconnections for non-payment until further notice for residential and business customers.
April 9, 2020
Liberty and Liberty Power donate $500,000 to support local communities during COVID-19 pandemic
On April 8, 2020, Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., parent company of Liberty, announced a $500,000 donation to support communities within its service territories during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funds will be disbursed to a variety of community organizations and local assistance agencies. The funding will also provide much-needed supplies and support services for our COVID-19 heroes working tirelessly on the frontlines. As part of this community response, Algonquin will be donating 20,000 face masks to help ensure these local heroes receive the protection they need as they continue to provide critical assistance to many individuals in Canada and the United States.
March 22, 2020
Walk-In Centers Closed Until Further Notice to Protect Health and Safety
For the health and safety of our communities, we are closing our walk-in customer service centers to the public until further notice. Customers can continue to access our office payment drop box. Our teams are also available to take your calls. We recognize that many of our customers are experiencing financial uncertainty. If you are facing a potential hardship, we urge you to call us to discuss payment options and available assistance. We are here to help.
We know our customers and communities depend on us now more than ever. Rest assured, we take this responsibility to heart. We remain focused on providing safe and reliable energy during this very difficult situation. We will continue to update you as things change.
Call us at: 1-855-872-3242
March 18, 2020
Liberty water customers: Tap water is safe from coronavirus.
Your tap water is safe from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The safeguards Liberty has always taken to protect water quality are effective to keep it safe from viruses, including COVID-19. For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
March 14, 2020
Liberty suspends service disconnections for residential and business customers in response to COVID-19
To assist customers and communities during the rapidly evolving COVID-19 public health emergency, Liberty has suspended service disconnections for non-payment. This temporary suspension, through at least May 1, 2020, includes residential and business customers.
We encourage customers who have questions or who may be facing potential hardship to contact our customer service departments. We offer a variety of payment options and can assist customers with payment arrangements should they be needed.
"We recognize our customers count on the essential services Liberty provides," said Brent Baker, Liberty Vice President of Customer Experience Operations. "With the uncertainty surrounding this virus, we want to ensure our customers have access to the services they need to help maintain their health and safety."
Liberty continues to actively monitor the situation, and our teams are taking all necessary measures to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of services to our customers.
March 13, 2020
At Liberty, delivering electricity, gas, and water safely and reliably to our customers is always our primary goal. With the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, we wanted to provide you with an update on the actions we’re taking across our company to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees and to help ensure that the communities we serve can continue to count on the critical services we provide.
Supporting the health and safety of our employees
- We have a pandemic preparedness plan in place and have established a task force that is working with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This task force has spent several weeks preparing for how the virus might impact our organization and the communities we serve, and how to respond appropriately.
- We continue to monitor the situation and actively share updates and information with our employees so that they can keep themselves and their families safe.
- We have provided additional protective supplies and equipment to our frontline employees. We have limited employee travel, limited in-person meetings, and postponed larger gatherings and events.
- To prevent the spread of the virus, we’re encouraging anyone who feels sick or has concerns regarding potential exposure to stay at home.
Protecting our customers
- Customers may notice our customer service representatives and field team wearing gloves and additional protective equipment. You may also notice changes in how we greet customers in our contact centers and on service appointments, including social distancing of at least 3 to 6 feet. We hope you understand that this is for both customer and employee protection.
- While our customer walk-in centers remain open to serve you, to practice social distancing, we encourage our customers to utilize our other payment methods available on our website, to call us with questions.
Ensuring the delivery of safe and reliable service
- Utilities must often respond to extreme conditions and disasters. We plan and practice regularly to help ensure continuity of service. We take this responsibility seriously. As part of our pandemic response, we are implementing our emergency plan and quickly adjusting to conditions of the current COVID-19 situation to ensure safe and reliable service to our customers and communities.